Quarantine Journals #2

4/13/20
I’ve always been into doing my nails and I’d say that I’ve gotten good at it over the years. But today, I decided to take on a nail design because I didn’t want to waste my time napping or watching Netflix and I’ve also been wanting to get in touch with my artistic side lately. It took me about 1.5 hours total but I finally achieved what I wanted to, which was a checker pattern. Keeping my left hand steady was difficult but I did it somehow. It was moments like these that I wish I was ambidextrous. 

4/15/20 
Something today that made me happy, hopeful and relaxed was a call I had with a college squash coach. The call was scheduled for 4 pm but when I didn’t receive a call, I started to get nervous. I waited about 30 minutes and still received no call so I decided to leave a voicemail. About 30 minutes later, my phone rang and I was so relieved. Squash is really the only thing I know for sure that I want to do in college. The rest, I have no idea about. We talked for half an hour about the team and about the school and it made me really excited for the future. For the past months I’ve been dreading doing research and talking to coaches because I’m terrified but this made me very hopeful for what’s to come. 

4/17/20
If I had to assign my current mood to a color, it would definitely be a deep purple. I’m feeling really relaxed now that the week is almost over and I don’t have to worry about getting up at 8 am. I feel as though purple expresses relaxation but not really happiness. When I’m not distracted by work, my mind keeps on wandering to what I could be doing in the present moment. I could be hanging out with my friends, playing squash, or going on a drive but I’m not allowed to do any of those things which makes me sad of course. That’s why I feel like a deep purple describes my mood perfectly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Journals #3

The Real Injustice

This is America