Quarantine Journals #3

4/20/20
My thoughts towards school have changed immensely. Before quarantine, I realized that I didn’t appreciate the beautiful architecture of the new building because that’s one of the things I miss the most about New Trier. Every morning, my friends and I would meet up in the library commons and I never really absorbed my surroundings then but now I yearn for it. I’ve talked to a few of my friends about their feelings towards New Trier and most of them feel the same way I do except a select few who absolutely resent it. Another thing I especially miss is all my teachers. I’m glad to say that I’ve loved almost all the teachers I’ve had in my years in New Trier and they all brightened up my day so much and it’s definitely not the same through zoom. I really came to this realization when I had a zoom with my Spanish teacher and she said that she’s trying her best to be her normal, bubbly, energetic self but it’s really hard for her. I hope that in my senior year I’ll be able to reconnect with all my teachers I had junior year. 


4/22/20
My thoughts about the future have changed a lot but mostly because I have so much time to just think about the future. One of the biggest things I’ve told myself is that when I get out of quarantine, I’m going to spend as much time with my friends as possible because it feels like we’ll have so little time together. My junior year feels like it has flown past me at lightning speed and the reality has set in that I’m not going to stay near my friends and family forever. Since I’ve been doing virtual college visits, there have been some colleges where I can really see myself at which had me thinking about the relationship between my friends and I when we’re all at the place that fits us best. Finding the balance between living in the moment and considering the future is something I’ve struggled with for a long time but quarantine has made me want to fix that balance so I can get the most out of the present while having a plan for the future. 

4/24/20
During quarantine something I’ve learned about myself is that I have a lot of potential as a squash player. I’ve been doing these zoom group workout sessions with the top squash pros in the world and they’ve been pushing us to our limits while also giving some great on court and off court advice. One of the players said that when a student decides to play in college, they find themselves extremely burnt out from pushing themselves way too hard without a break. Thankfully, that’s exactly what I’ve been trying to avoid my entire time playing squash so I truly believe that I haven’t reached my peak yet and I’m excited to see when that time will come. 

Comments

  1. Honestly, I wish I could relate to anything you said. ;') You've been thinking about your future, having self-realizations, and appreciating the school for what it was for you. Meanwhile, I'm absolutely thriving because I hated coming to New Trier if I'm keeping it 100% but I have done nothing worthwhile with my time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s really exciting news about the squash workout sessions! That’s a cool opportunity to be able to talk and workout with some of the best players in the world. Also creds to you for looking at collages. Very responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I totally get what you're saying about missing school. I never thought I'd dislike my house so much, but seeing nothing but the blue paint of my walls constantly is beginning to drive me mad. Here's to hoping things will be up and running by the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate. Junior year has gone past crazy fast. it's so crazy that we're going to be seniors next year, and I don't think I'm ready for it. I also have zoom workouts for swimming. They are really great for getting some exercise in when trapped indoors all day. Glad you are doing well in quarantine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Injustice

This is America